Thursday, September 22, 2016

A Trek to Manchester-By-The-Sea On the Last Day of Summer

A Trek to Manchester-By-The-Sea On the Last Day of Summer | ForeverUnlimited


I have been on a good, steady, work flow routine,with massage clients every day,
and felt the need for a break.  It's part of my intent to walk my talk and do more self-care,
so I can feel grounded and balanced, easily able to help my clients, without feeling depleted.
With all the energies and aspects hitting us lately, and personal changes,
I have not been able to sleep well, or long enough.
Sometimes it is good to get out of the city, away from normal routines,
in order to gain new perspective, decompress and unwind.
It's late season, so the water on the North shore is cold, but of course I went in to refresh myself.
The ocean was clean and clear to the sandy bottom, the waves gentle, the winds slight and calm.




Glistening, soft waves...





Last day of Summer with a hint of Autumn...





View from the train...





Inner harbor...





Seaside commuter village...





Singing Beach, with sand that "squeaks"...





Rocky cliffs and islands...





So nice by the water...





Plenty of room on an off-season beach





Lots of benches for contemplation...





Groups who camp for the day tend to bring umbrellas...





Beach Roses remind me of childhood...





A protected harbor...





Sunset...






On the road again...





It gets dark so early!
Despite the warm day, we can really feel the change of season upon us.
So after grabbing a bite to eat in town (Lobster Roll special!),
I caught an early train (7:30 or so) the hour back to Boston.
I'm glad I took this day, and after my Epsom salt bath, I feel sleepy early.
Early client tomorrow, for which I am grateful.


<3 

No comments:

Post a Comment