Tuesday, May 2, 2017

THE ORACLE REPORT: Tuesday, May 2, 2017

america
america
 

THE ORACLE REPORT: Tuesday, May 2, 2017


Moon Phase Matrix:
 Crescent Moon Phase: release, transform, prepare for the new


Moon in Leo


Emissary of the Goddess Sophia (Wisdom): Tara


Emissary of the Aeon Thelete (Will): Ian, The Wind of the East


Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month/Year: "a woman's hat with streamers blown by the east wind"


From Andrew Foss:  While Laura is out, I will be posting reports and observations to keep the conversations going. You will find, my insights may not be as deep as Laura’s nor my astrological knowledge as extensive, but nonetheless, I hope you will find them helpful. 


I would also invite others to send in either a report, comments or anything you would like to offer.


Please send them to oraclereportmembers@gmail.com, PM to me on Facebook or as a post on Facebook – add my name if you want my attention.


So, for today . . .


Many years ago, I stopped questioning the significance of music that pops in my mind and invades and permeates my soul for a time. If it is there, then there is a reason. And it is up to me to figure it out.


That is what I was working on last night when America by Simon and Garfunkel found its way in. And how it happened I do not know. I was cleaning up around the house, and it was there. Was it playing in the background? On TV? A commercial? Or did I just hear a note or 2. And even more interesting about it was that I did not know the name of the song. Just a tune and a lyric. A short Youtube search found the song.


Now here is where the questions start. I also googled the lyrics to see what the song was about. It spoke of personal journeys of people here in America; places, dreams, plans. . . And could not feel any resonation. Just the chorus


I've gone to look for America . . .


They've all come to look for America


All come to look for America


All come to look for America


https://youtu.be/W773ZPJhcVw
 


Lyrics are often hard to understand. Like most poetry. I for one, have never understood a single thing coming from the mouth and mind of Bob Dylan. Many people I know rave about his work. I tend to chalk it up to me not smoking enough pot while listening.


But as I listened to America on the evening of Beltane, it reminded me of my home country; here in America. I have seen many parts of it. I was fortunate to live in California for the first 23 years of my life and think it offers a little bit of pretty much everything this earth has to offer. And my heart carries a piece of each of them. There is the desert, the Beaches, the Mountains and the forests. The beauty of the desert is not understood by most. The beach offers some of the most amazing views and swimming locations, where I learned firsthand about the currents and tides we experience every day on Earth. Its mountains hold the most beautiful spot on this earth IMHO: Yosemite. A few years ago I had the opportunity to return to California and drive up the North coast to see the Redwoods once again. Such amazing deep roots and lofty heights.


So, in the song America, I connected with my homeland and the places I feel the closest connection to planet earth. And for me, an explanation as to why the song was speaking to me.


I have much more to say about music and how it talks to us, and will be sharing more.


So, what spoke to you yesterday? Please share.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment